Sunday, February 28, 2010

Forts, Bubbles and School

I did something fun with Evie today. She woke up from her nap with enough energy to power a nuclear submarine. Seriously. She would climb onto our couch and one from one end to the other and just LAUGH. So anyway I started playing with her and got the great idea of building a fort for her. You know, out comes a big comforter, a potted plant goes in the center of the of the coffee table, and the couch pins the rest against the wall. Walaa.... custom built fort. We had fun in it for a while and is now pretty much silent. Perfect fort day.

We followed the fort building with some good old bubbles. So dad pulls out her favorite kind, you know the ones that G. Smith gets that float forever, and I begin to blow. We had a BAZILLION bubbles floating through our kitchen/living room. Evie would crawl around on the floor saying "bubbles...pop, pop, pop." It was pretty cool.

I also found out recently that I get to take some more classes through work. Which I am pretty excited about. The best thing about it is that all of you get to help me go... thats right your tax dollars are paying for me to go to school. So thanks to all of you. I also made my second pie ever. Yep thats right, yours truly is a famous baker in the making. This one was a strawberry/cherry pie. It turned out pretty good. Good enough that my two girls will eat it anyway. So I was proud of that. I love sundays with my family. It is days like today that you hope never end. Yet it is time for bed. Love you all.


2 comments:

Becca said...

Aren't those bubbles awesome??? I giggled at you making a fort with Evie--did she love it? I'd forgotten the pan in the middle of the table trick. I'll need to revive that. :)

Mom said...

What a fun day! I love sundays too- when you all were small we "enjoyed" our sundays so much that it took me half of monday to make things right again around the house. There's nothing in the world to give you the giggles like a little child laughing- Hope you all have a great week- and congrats on the classes, I am happy to do my part!