Sunday, February 21, 2010

Kodak Moment.

Some of my missed photo opportunities include:

Earlier this week, Ainsley was crawling around in nothing but her stinky diaper as I was gathering the stuff to change her. When I finally laid her down to change her, someone (Caleb?) had put a big "JOB WELL DONE" sticker on her diaper. I about died laughing. Perfect.

We're scouting out the perfect farm for my beehive. Yesterday, when Emily and I went to visit one small farm, she was very curious, and one of her biggest questions was "What is 'The Country', Mama??" I pulled up the dirt road and we were greeted by a huge boxer. Em was nervous, but she patted her tentatively and was rewarded with a gigantic, sloberry kiss. The dog then trotted along next to Emily like her friendly horse, as the farmer handed Emily fresh eggs (green and orange and pink from his Easter Egg hen, which was cool), and then let her chase his baby goats. She was already in heaven when she spied a whole cache of fishing poles against the workshop. "Oh Mama. Fishing poles. I LOVE The Country."

Caleb looking lovingly at a picture of himself as a baby with spaghetti sauce on his face and saying "Aw. Spaghetti poop on my face." (Something like that. I only heard this one, but Dave actually saw it.)

Dave put Ainsley to bed earlier this week, tucking her in with her blanket and her bottle, then waving to her. She responded with a HUGE grin, an "open shut" hand wave, and a full body shimie. She's darling.

Today at church I was trying to keep Caleb quiet during the Sacrament. Sometimes I'll pull him up into my lap and whisper stories about Jesus into his ear to help him think about the Savior. Today I was trying to tell him about when Jesus visited the Americas after his resurrection. Caleb was listening attentively and then he whispered to me "The Nephites had lollipops and jelly beans?!" I whispered back "No." Then he whispered "Oh. Just lollipops?" Again, "No. Just regular beans." His whole face fell at that tragic news. (I think this has something to do with the fact that I told him awhile back that he shouldn't play with himself because Heavenly Father said not to. He accepted that, nodding, and then said "Heavenly Father have a prize for me?" Well, yes! He DOES have a prize for you, Caleb! So now, whenever we talk about choosing the right or being righteous he gets all excited for the treat Heavenly Father has for him. Whatever it takes.)

Ainsley is smack in love with her father. She was being loud in church today, too, and so I took her into the foyer. She could still see her dad through the open door and so she continued to happily bellow "Dadd-EE! Dadd-EE! Dadd-EE!" (Nursery countdown: two weeks!!!!)

I had one more for Em... I can't remember what it was. Oh well. Happy Sunday!

No comments: