Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday late, as always...

I know, our anniversary is past so what's up with the wedding photo? It just seemed like a good place to start. (I will use Jared's funny emoticon here, -_- ) We've had a lot going on in our part of the world which is directly related to what you all have going on in your part of the world. Adam and Lesli in Denmark, Ben to Denver, Levi to San Jose, Jared and Dad to the Grand Canyon, Bry, Jen and the girls to Kansas City. Oh well, someone needs to stay home so Becca and I will volunteer. Did you all know that becca is taking Bee keeping lessons? Dad hadn't caught that, and when I referred to it he looked at me like I'd lost it. Good for her.
Dad and I have been taking lessons on being self-employed- 4 nights, 3 hours in each class. It's been good- even better is dad's discovery that he can go to any undergraduate program at a state school and they will waive his tuition because he received a Purple Heart during his marine corp days. Wahoo! Who knows what may come of this... welding? photography? pottery?!? I am happy for him.
So, after all that, why the wedding photo? Well... it's just that back then we didn't have a clue what life had in store for us- At one time we actually thought we wanted 12 (t.w.e.l.v.e) children. I cannot imagine having 6 additional children, and all of them younger than Jared. We'd still have a stack of missionaries to do- save me! We'd thought we'd always live in Utah, Dad would always have a job, and life would always be sweet. We had no clue about parenting, and couldn't imagine the joy of a grandchild. Wow, look at us. I'm happy each of you have a part in what brings me the greatest satisfaction I've known. No doubt about it, life is a long term project. I love you all!

1 comment:

lesli said...

Is levi still in San Jose? I think it is pretty close to us. Let us know if he needs anything.