Monday, February 22, 2010

That John Denver is full of......







A little update for those who actually care;)
Ben
He just got back from the ghetto of Denver Colorado and really it was the bad part so don't think I am just over exaggerating a little. Baahaa!! He had a joyous time while he sat in on about a million interviews at the SRM. He enjoyed being on the other side of the table this year. And was reminded how blessed he is to have a job that he is absolutely is in love with all around. He got home late tonight which is why y'all get me as the narrator to this ONE post. He just got back from some meetings for the Search and Rescue that he is now involved in. Which I think he will be more than great at. He talks about it quite often and is pretty dang excited of what it entails, such as; scuba diving training at Lake Powell for a week (which I will be watching from the house boats I plan to rent while he is attends), snowmobile, helicopter, avalanche and all that other stuff to help human beings. I am so enthused about all the things he has done!


Little Evie
Where do I even start with this blissful kid of ours. She is doing well with the colors and the anatomy lessons I give her, about 50% of the time I'd say. Today she did something Ben thought was an absolute hoot. She took all my buckle punch cards and walked so graciously and innocently over to the big garbage can and threw them away as if they weren't of any worth. Mind you there were about 8 filled ones that is 80 bucks off a 150 dollar pair of pants! I applauded her for throwing something away, and shooed Ben and her away so that I could put my latex gloves on and dig those precious cards out of the trash. I did save most of them:) Ben thought it was some kind of divine inspiration that she would know to throw anything away that has to do with shopping. She is growing up so quickly and I am molding wrinkles as the years pass by. We are so happy for the smiles and ease she brings to our home.

Mariah

I talked Ben into going snowboarding the other day at a little "mom and pop" ski resort near where we live. At first I didn't like it much, but I started to get the hang of it and really enjoyed it. Ben kept telling me that I was really good at it, I will be honest, and say that I did indeed snowboard circles around him once :) It was really fun and neither one of us crashed as much as we thought we would. Ben seemed to have more trouble staying on his feet in the parking lot! It was great! I thought that I was the only one that saw him fall on the ice until the girl in the car next to me asked if he was okay, at this point I had to hide in the truck so he wouldn't see me laughing! :) By the way we are seeking to buy a new camera and we are leaning toward the Nikon 5000, let me know of any good suggestions that you keen folks have on the camera department..Please! Hope that you all are well.

6 comments:

Mom said...

I love this! Such fun pictures, fun, funny stories. More, more!!! (good on ya for saving the cards- that's money in the bank!) Love you all 3- denise/mom

Becca said...

WOOHOOOO! I loved this post, Mariah. It made me smile all over. But how does Ben expect to rescue people from avalanches if he can't even stand up in an icy parking lot??? *evil snicker* I love that he took you snowboarding, and that you were good at it. Evie is a DOLL and it sounds like she's absolutely brilliant. :) Thanks for posting!!

lesli said...

did you go to Hesperes?

Mariah said...

Yep! We went to Little Hesperus it was fun for beginners like us.

Jen Nielsen said...

Yup, I care too!!! Stinker! Thanks for the update. I love the pics, waaaaay cute, all of you. your update puts me to even more shame! Dang it! Loves OXOX

Becca said...

Oh--and as for cameras? A Nikond5000 is supposed to be really phenomenal for the price. Although I have heard it compared to the Canon Rebel, and the Rebel is a bit cheaper. Have you made your decision yet??? (I'm totally jealous.)