Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mom, I met a girl....

I was talking on the phone with Ben, who was going to school at Snow, when he said it..."mom, I met a girl...". He went on to talk about how much fun he'd had the night he met her, and how she made him feel. It was not very long before he brought her home one week-end so we could see for ourselves- and of course, he had described her perfectly. The picture above was taken as they were leaving for Ephraim after their visit- it is the first picture of Mariah in the vast quantities of family photographs I have taken over the years- there have been many of her since, and for that I am glad.
This one was taken just a few days before they married, and it is one of my favorite ones- I love her smile- they are just so genuinely happy. So, Happy Birthday Mariah! I'll be thinking of you today, and hope it is a busy and fun day spent with Ben and little Evalyn- I'm grateful you are a part of our family.

No comments: