Sunday, January 3, 2010

Where'd the time go?

Hey! Wasn't Christmas Eve just yesterday? It felt early to take my tree down this week-end but we've had it going on 4 weeks... or is it 5? Isn't it funny how the days seem full and busy and so NOW, and then it all blurs together and you find yourself standing on the other side of all those things looking back... it takes me by surprise every time. So, looking back- the above photo was taken out the back door early Christmas morning. Of course for those of us without children "early Christmas morning" can be as late as, oh 8 or 9. Go ahead, eat your hearts out- I got up with YOU all those years. Pretty picture, yes? I loved the clouds.... The morning was very cold, very quiet, very special.
This is what Temple Square looked like when dad and I exited the Choir Broadcast on Sunday morning, the 20th. Magic! It had been a lot like this on the day we married... we watched it get worse as we walked to the car- not 5 minutes passed before the temple was a shadow in a wall of wet, cold, white. (I tried to take another picture of the temple and missed! Go ahead and laugh...) Ice crystals falling gave it an dreamy touch- it was a very nice way to end our runaway weekend.
Here we are- Saturday morning in front of our first apartment building, Caithness, on B street in Salt Lake City. It looked nice- it has been turned into condos. We found out 2009 was it's century birthday- so it was 60 years old when we moved in. I had worried about what condition it would be in- it was a nice surprise to find it well cared for. (that way we didn't have to leave the car running as we took pictures) Dad and I had a great time- and a wonderful christmas. I will post more this week- I have new pictures of Evi and Mercedies to share as they each came to visit. What's Christmas without kids? Love you all.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Wow--I love the picture of the mountain, Mom. Really, really beautiful. The one of the temple, too. And fun shot of your first apartment. Is that the one where the people sold pot upstairs?

Becca

Adam S. said...

Those are great photos. It's good to hear a little about your SLC trip.

Jen Nielsen said...

I looooove the pics! Im so glad you got away together. You two are fab. :) Loves