Saturday, January 30, 2010

Call Out the Marines...

On Thursday, it was sunny and in the mid-60s here. Lovely. So spring-ish.

Then it snowed two inches last night.

Which meant that everything was cancelled today. My hair appointment. Dave's basketball game. Church is cancelled tomorrow. And, no doubt, there will be at LEAST a two hour delay for school on Monday morning.

I just love living in the South. Last night I stopped at the Walmart to grab some junk food and I saw a couple standing in front of the Little Debbie display having an intense conversation. I heard one of them say "Well, how much do you think we'll need--ya' know--to tide us over???" Right down the aisle was a woman following her husband, who was pushing the cart. She was holding up two FAMILY SIZE bags of tortilla chips and saying "Why do you need the 'Scoops' AND the 'Lime Flavored' ones???" To which he so lovingly replied, "Shush up! It's FOOTBALL, Woman!" I held in my giggles until I got out of earshot.

Here are some pictures of our slush/ice driveway. The only one we'll have all year. (And to all the moms who live in cold places--how do you deal with the STUFF? And the SLUSH?? UGH.)

2 comments:

Jen Nielsen said...

You little evesdropper you. Looks like fun times in the snow, I wish it was as rare here! :)

lesli said...

I love Anisley's little bonnet. Hope you are warming up.