Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Dinner & Chocolate Cake

This is little Evi "cooking" in my kitchen over the New Year's holiday... it was so fun to watch her busy-ness. It affirmed my belief that there is no better toy than things that are nested- especially if they look like baby pans. I did some baking today for myself- I tried out Betty Crocker's new gluten free chocolate cake mix. Now, at 5 bucks for the box this cake was really on trial- you don't pay that much for a mediocre cake. But, I am happy to say, it is a 5 star cake. Yep, you can whip one up for my birthday anytime- and I am glad for it. Things are definately getting better in that way... If I could just find a good can of Cream of Anything Soup. Ah well, someday my soup will come. In the meantime, your dad and I whipped up an invention for sunday dinner that was not 5 star. It was okay- but for all the great ingredients we put into it it should have been memorable- too many chunks and not enough herbs and spices is not a great recipe. It's fun sharing the kitchen with dad- except when it's not. I can say that because he can honestly say the same thing about me. It's one of the things that makes our marriage work. >wink!<>

No comments: