Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nicholas Nitrogen

We blessed lafe this last week and the big question was whether or not Adam was going to stick with his name. The thing is Adam had been tasked with naming number three as I felt I had been given the final say on both Ellie and Addison. My only caveat was that he couldn't have the middle name Nitrogen. Nicholas I was fine with--I had even told the nurses that was his name, but alas in the 2 and a half minutes before the birth certificate office shut down, Adam went with William Lafe. And somehow it became just Lafe. I admit, it is sort of a ridiculous name and somehow not a person in the world can say it--he will always be called leaf by well meaning people trying top pronounce it correctly--But he remains still our Little Lafe. We are not sure if the red hair comes from my dad or Grandma Arlene but both seem(ed) to enjoy life to the fullest, so we claim it comes from both sides of the family.

Here are a few photos of the day, and one of his first name sake my great grandpa Lafayette.






3 comments:

ROCKYdms said...

I love the name lafe, kind of like don, so just keep it short and simple he will make the name all his own... Love little Don

Becca said...

Congratulations Adam and Lesli. I really think his name is great, by the way. Western and tough, but also unique. I think you made a good choice.

Although, it does lack the "superhero" quality of Nicholas Nitrogen... *swoon*

(And have I mentioned how much I love his red hair??)

Mom said...

I like it too! And he is such a handsome little guy. I'm happy that Alan and Diane could come for the Holidays and Lafe's blessing- family makes all the difference. Love you!