Sunday, January 17, 2010

Right Now in North Carolina...

This is our house, right this second. Ainsley is eating her salad with Miracle Whip, Emily is coloring, and I couldn't take a video of Caleb's current activities in the potty. (I know, you're grateful. You're welcome.) Ainsley loooooves Miracle Whip. So we let her eat it with a spoon. (FOR BEN: "This yogurt tastes funny." "Uuuuuh, that's because it's mayonaise." "Oh.") She also loves salad. She does NOT like rice with soy sauce. Just rice with butter. She is obviously Dave's child. *roll eyes*

I got a new calling today--Compassionate Service Leader! Wooohooo!!! Uuuuuh.... what does a Compassionate Service Leader do exactly? Oh well! New adventures are always good, right? (Apparently the last two were some serious slackers, so at least it'll be easy to look good. And I'm all about appearances. *snort*) I also started my own Etsy business. Doing some graphic design, as well as labeling wedding invites, etc. Someone is going to PAY ME to fifty cents an envelope. Can you believe it?!?!? Easiest way to make fifty bucks EVER.

I have to mention, because I love it, that Emily has been leaving little incoherent notes in our neighbor's mailbox. Our neighbor is named Miss Kim--an older massage therapist divorcee who lives alone. The latest was a pasta box with a crayon in it. Tonight, Miss Kim knocked on the door and had a coloring book and some chocolates for Emily. She looked tired and sad, but handed to me and said "Give this to your little girl. Please." and walked away. I was very touched, and Emily was delighted. Emily shared a chocolate each with Caleb and Ainsley. She is very loveable these days.

It's in the 60s here right now, which is lovely. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't handle more than a week of cold. It's seriously overrated!!

Speaking of things that are overrated--tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day. NOT Civil Rights Day. Nope. Martin Luther King Day. And you know why I think that's overrated? Because Dave doesn't even get the day off. I just get a bonus day with all three kids, no spouse, and no special food. I can get behind ANY holiday if there is special food for it. Hmmph.

1 comment:

lesli said...

it sounds like the hardest 50 bucks ever to me! But I know you will be great.