Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gretchen...



Today I got to interview the Fabulous Gretchen Kate!


Gretchen is in first grade these days, and she says that she likes it because her teacher, Mrs. O'Bryan, is really nice. Her favorite subject is math, and her least favorite subject is reading time because it's hard. They have to read chapter books.


I asked her if they take their lunches from home or if they get hot lunch--she said that school lunch is horrible, and if she takes from home then she makes her own lunch: animal crackers, carrots, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (Carrots??? I want her to teach my kids to eat carrots!) Her best friend is named Lexi--she makes up really fun games and she's really nice. They like to play a game where one girl is the pet and one girl is the owner. Whoever is wearing a skirt gets to be the owner, since they can't crawl around in the dirt, and the one wearing jeans gets to be the pet. If they're both wearing jeans, they take turns or play something else.


When I asked Gretchen what her favorite thing was from their trip to Texas, she said that she loved visiting Fort Worth. She got to pet some horses, but they missed the cattle drive because they left right before it happened. (Bummer!)


I think we all know that Gretchen turns 8 this fall, and she says that she's really excited. She gets to wear a beautiful white dress, and then she gets to choose where they go to dinner afterwards. Gretchen says that she already knows where she's going to choose: Applebees.


Last, I asked Gretchen about some of her favorites. She said that her favorite color is red, because her blanket is red. (I love that blanket.) But she also likes pink and purple. When I asked her what her favorite food was, I almost fell off the couch at her answer: broccoli. Carrots AND broccoli???? WOW! I want Gretchen to come teach my kids to like vegetables. When I asked her what other foods she likes, she said pineapple, watermelon, and Reeses Pieces Ice Cream. (Yum, yum, and yum.) She doesn't have a favorite song or singer right now, but her favorite movie is "Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel." I haven't seen it yet, but on her recommendation, I'll have to check it out.


Thanks for talking to me, Gretchen. I love you tons and tons!!!!!!!

Aunt Becca

4 comments:

lesli said...

We just went to see how to rain your dragon, but the kids all want to see the Squekel--so we will have to check it out.

ROCKYdms said...

That was very will done Becca, She is quite the granddaughter. Fun to see the thing that are going on in her life and that school is cool
Love
Dms

ROCKYdms said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mom said...

Gretchen! It was to read about you on your very own post! Your trip to Texas sounds so very fun! Your mom and your uncle Adam were born there- Your mom in Fort Worth, and your Uncle Adam in Dallas. Pretty cool, huh. I loved reading about you and your awesome life! Grandma D