Sunday, April 25, 2010

Country Boys and Girls!



I talked my dear wife and daughter into branding cows and here were some of the highlights. Mariah dressed like a cowgirl for the day and decided she would do it again. After vaccinating, branding and doing the synovex (an implant in the ear) we were extremely sore the next day. Evie loved the horses and the baby calves, but cried as they bawled when we branded them! Mariah fell asleep to the sound of bawling cows, which she said next time she would wear earplugs and that she will eat BEEF only if I buy it. The family we did it with are the greatest and so much fun to be around. We all had a good time helping them out. It makes me miss working on a farm. I wish that I would have had a camera when Mariah went and helped Vance ( the guy we were helping) catch a calf to give it some shots. She took multiple hard kicks from the calf and amazed us all when she only had a slight bruise. It was a fun day working cows and spending time with the fam.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Eeeeeeeeeek! Look at Ellie on a HORSE!!!!! She is the cutest thing EVER. I think ya'll need to bring her over here so I can get to know her better. Tell you what: you bring her over here and I'll watch her while you guys go on a runaway to the beach. Hm? hmmmmm????

And Mariah? It's a sin to look good in chaps. I'm just sayin'.

lesli said...

everyobody knows Maraih is the toughest in the family. It is kind of lame that she is also cutest, but I will live with it.

Mariah said...

O Ben....O Ben... you will so get it for telling everyone about the incident that so graciously happened. I am so glad you did not have the camera at the time! I am being open minded as we live out here, if you can't already tell:)

Becca!!!! If the beach looks anything like the one in "Dear John" I will be there tomorrow.

P.S. Ben and I really don't like people all that much so if the beach is crowded it won't fly!

Mom said...

Ok, this post has to win a prize for something... most amazing family activity ever posted, most amazing pictures of the most amazing family activity ever posted. I love your adventuring spirit... watch that Evie okay?

ROCKYdms said...

Elder Smith, I was good to see the box of your mission, I am proud that you were willing to go and sever the Lord and be an example to all of the people and friends there, You may not always know what you and you companion have accomplish. Thank is all I can say..
Rocky