Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grace...




Today Grace and I talked on the phone for awhile. This is what she told me about her life right now...

This week we went to Dallas and Fort Worth. We drove something like 7 hours the first day and 6 hours the next day. We were going to stop over in Wichita, Kansas, but decided to stop in Oklahoma City instead. It was more humid in Texas, so even when it was 70 degrees it felt a lot hotter--like 80 or 90 degrees sometimes.

My favorite things in Dallas were hanging out with our cousins and I also liked going to the Galleria Mall. I got a bottle cap necklace that says "Peace Out" on it, it's green, pink, brown, and blue. My Mom said I should get it because that's my Dad's favorite phrase. A couple times I babysat with my cousins Cutter and Caden--I got all the food and started the movie, and they just had to get the kids in bed.

I'm in 3rd Grade this year, and I don't really like it. I think it's the hardest grade because you go from 2nd grade, which is easy and you get to color a lot, to no coloring at all and doing really hard things, like writing in cursive all the time and learning to multiply and divide all in the same week. I think that easiest numbers to multiply are by 9, because I know this really cool trick to help. We took an aptitude test and I didn't miss any of the questions, so I'm in the H.A.L. (High Achievement Learners) group. We have to go there once a week.

My favorite subjects are social studies and science. In social studies we get to do a business day where we get to do do a group of 1-3 people and think of something to sell. Then we have two days where we sell to the 2nd, 4th, and 5th graders and even parents. I think we're going to be a group of me, Katelyn, and Ben and sell popcorn, pop, and bracelets. Katelyn is my nicest friend--her parents are Irish but she was born near Mongolia. She's just really nice. My other friends are too moody.

In science we learned about the layers of the earth. One day, we got to make layers of sand and rock, and then hide fossils of clay in them and the other group had to look for them. The next day we made layers out of food--puddings and cookies and stuff--and then we got to eat them. But they were really gross, especially mixed all together. I just ate mine one layer at a time. It made me sick to see all the other kids mix their layers together.

Grace--it was so fun to talk to you today. Thanks for telling me about your life and everything you're doing and learning. I love that you're good at so many things, and I'm not at all surprised that you're a good babysitter. I'll send you those rocks for science--call me anytime!! :)

2 comments:

Jen Nielsen said...

that is so rockin

Jen Nielsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.