Monday, May 31, 2010

Hello everyone.....
I don't even know where to begin. That is precisely why I never start any posts, not only here but in my journal or anywhere else. It's just so darn overwhelming!
Today I must post, pics or no pics.
I had the most wonderful day with my kids. No pressure, no agenda, no expectations (as unheard of as that may be) no company, just me and the girls.
We started at the Zoo, which I figured would be exactly that, :) and much to our surprise it was fabulously uncrowded, perfect temp and the new tram ride was open. The kids sat front row for the magician, Grace even went on stage. We laughed out guts out at the juggler who missed his true calling as a comedian. Not that he was trying to be funny he just happened to be hilarious. Grace and I were rolling on the grass laughing, (AT HIM). We also enjoyed an orangutan that created his own fountain atop his outdoor exhibit. He decided to play in his stream creating a lovely mist of fowl, never-ending, urine carried by a slight breeze directly over the onlooking crowd. LOL, it rocked :) :) You just can't make that stuff up!
After all of our fun at the Zoo we grabbed lunch. Gretchen did point out that I was braking about every driving rule by dividing there meals up, checking voicemail, and singing party in the USA all while speeding down I-80 to make the movie on time. I did admit that she was soooo right and they pitched right in and took care of it all for me. It's amazing what they can do when I allow them to try and don't care how they get it done. (lesson learned...over and over). We made it safely to see. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". Pretty fun, some parts not the best but I'm sure much cleaner then one trip down the hall at public school. :( I did manage to dump a freshly refilled, monster size diet coke on Grace, she's a trooper! We wrapped up our fabulous day with a barbecue and swimming in the backyard.
The girls are out of school for the summer on wed @12. They can hardly wait to sit on the couch and whine, "I'm board, there is nothing to do, what can I eat, whens dad coming home." I can hear it now. :) It never fails, the first thing Gretchen asks everyday, "what are we doing today." as soon as we are doing something she asks whats next. Never in the "now"! Any suggestions? :)
The girls will start next school year at a new school. We are very excited about the change and feel that it is the right move. Any of you that know anything about the IB or International Bacaloriate program feel free to share. I hear good things and from what I understand I am stoked about the girls jumping in.
In case you were wondering Bry spent most of the day on the best golf course Omaha has to offer. He played nine holes and had it all payed for. No question, he's a happy dude today. :)
Bry and I are both working on the upcoming Youth conference Trek. It has been fun/time consuming. We are so excited to get out and get it done, It will be awesome! I am also lucky enough to get to help plan and go to girls camp about a week later. I am really excited about that too. It's been a long time coming but I am now there. :)
Life is good. I have realized no matter how much I cut back or say no. No matter how much time I carve out and create it fills up. That is good. I just need to make sure that while I do, I don't resent or allow myself to feel like a marter. I am only doing the things that need done and that I enjoy. It's so weird how a "job" changes as I change my way of thinking. Instead of telling myself how overwhelmed and busy I am , I just get in and do it with a smile. It all gets done and I enjoyed the doing, and others are able to enjoy me. :) Lessons I am finally learning . Guess it takes living it to learn it.
I love you all! Please don't think that my lack of posts has anything to do with lack of desire or love. It is poor time management and like I said at the beginning, it's a complete bottleneck of thoughts, memories, stories, concerns, worries, emotions that hit me when I sit to post. Along with not feeling capable of relaying the message from thoughts to words. It is not my strength.
I love you all and miss you. Thank you for all the posts you take the time to post. We do read posts! :) Hope you all had a fabulous Memorial day. Love, Jen

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh! What a perfect day! We need one of those every once in a while- I can almost picture it. (well actually, I can picture the zoo!) I hope the coming days go well, you and Bry have sure worked hard. Love those girls!!!

Mom said...

Jen and girls It sounds like guite a day, I loved are at the zoo when we were their. Bry you are becoming golfer, it is fun to play when there is no presser, I'll have to remember the next time we play.

It all sounds like the Youth conference is coming right a long. Mom and I worked on one together a life time a go, it was great. We had the High Councilman teach us one thing that relay helped. We had been working with a group of youth for about 3 months and the night that Youth Conference started I was not going like we had planed and he call us on the comity together, and explained that we have been working on this for months and had been living with a long time. That as Youth Conference Just started for the others, it would take time for them to see the same vision that took us 3 month to plan to keep having fun and the others would soon see all that we had planed.

Becca said...

That is a FANTASTIC post. I'm all happy from reading it. You're my hero. From the trip to the zoo (HAHA!) to multitasking while driving (As mom faints), to how incredible your life just IS. I want to hear more about the girls' new school--is it a charter school?
Love you! Good luck with trek this week!!!