Friday, May 21, 2010

Evie's birthday cupcakes-

I wanted to share the cupcakes I did for Evie's birthday - I was so happy with how they turned out- it was a very fun project for me. The flower's were made of mini-marshmallows that I dipped in colored sugar after cutting them - and the fondant was made of marshmallows and powdered sugar - so it tasted like... well, Jared said it best- like marshmallows!
I had never made fondant icing before so I was a little nervous - people tell such tales about how tricky it is, but it was all good. I would recommend, however, using parchment paper when rolling out the fondant as it was quite sticky otherwise. With the paper, no sweat!
I suppose the funnest thing of all was Evalyn. Standing by the table and looking at them, she called them "cakes", and seemed pleased that they were hers. She would gently pull on the table cloth to bring them closer to her... "I want cakes." It was awesome. Have a great day ya'll- I love my family!

2 comments:

Becca said...

These are darling--they seriously look like they took longer than a gingerbread house, though. :) I love the thought of Evie pulling them closer to her...

Jen Nielsen said...

We should have marketed you a little sooner! You were the original Martha Stewert!