Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Evie!

We had the fun of having Evie's birthday celebration here in Salem. What fun it was to spend time with her, to watch her cute little ways and do a mental rewind to a couple of years ago and the day she was born. Doing so reaffirms what I have been saying for a while now... Grandchildren are magic! Evie brings a bright little light into the world that I love.
She and her parents should be almost back to 'rado (as she says it...) by now. The Fisher Price farm pieces have all found their way back into the barn, and the teddy bear will not need to share the little rocking chair for awhile. I will fold the porta-crib and wash the little checked sheet so it's fresh for next time. Mariah asked me once why I always cry when parting with my grandkids and I couldn't really give a sensible answer. I just do, and I suppose it ever shall be so- their hold on my heart is a part of that wonderful magic!

3 comments:

Jen Nielsen said...

Awe sweet. You have a way with words. Glad you had them for the weekend. :)

Mariah said...

So Sweet! Thanks Denise for watching her, we would have accomplished less with her running around being bored.

Becca said...

Awwww. SO CUTE. (The girl. And the cuppy-cakes.)