Friday, December 11, 2009

Next Big Step

No it's not what your thinking (or hoping in some cases) I am Definantly not getting married. This past week I sat down at the table with mom and asked her a serious question. We talked for a bit before I went and visited dad at work. We talked a bit more... I then returned home to begin research and to start digging deeper into the subject at hand. I talked to Ben on the phone, and he was concerned but for different reasons. I went and talked to a few folk's, and then returned home to do more research... Wondering where I'm going with this? Well you will not be disappointed, I will fill you in.
Now on to the fun part where I tell you "what's up"... I have the idea in my head and have (as you've already read) been doing my research into a career field that has a lot to offer, Including but not limited to "on the job training", payed tuition, travel etc etc. This career can be very dangerous, but can benefit me and get my butt out of the "rut of despair" I have become some what comfortable in. Maybe a picture will help me get my point across.
I think that should send the message well... Now as I have said I've been doing my research and am pretty sure IF I end up doing this the Air Force is probably where I will enlist. Great training, great schooling on base etc etc. So now that everyone is up to date on what I'm up to I would love to hear from you. Thoughts, concerns, excitement, anything at all really. So comment away or give me a call! My line is always open! Love ya fam

4 comments:

Becca said...

Jared--I think this is a amazing idea. I think that any branch of the armed forces would be privelaged to have you. I'm sure that dad is able to tell you, better than anyone, what a serious decision this is, but--as for me? I will support you, no matter what. And I would be very proud. (Although I'd be a *bit* more proud of the Air Force, it's true.) I'll pray that you can make the right decision, for you. :)
--Becca

Mariah said...

Jared-->
Hey. We talked a bit about it, but just so that everybody is up on it. I will keep it brief, but what I mostly said is that, if he decides to do this that his life would now be dedicated, and legally signed over to, something he has no control over. I also told Jared that it could be a spiritually challenging place. On the positive it will give him opportunities that he may get no where else, it would pay for college, and that it would give him something to do. One of the biggest things for Jared though is that it would give him something great to do, which I think is great thing for him. Jared know that I support you no matter what you do. Do your research, ask direct important questions, don't sign anything until your answers are answered to your satisfaction, say your prayers, and make the decision, and commit yourself to that decision. Let me know what you do.

~Ben~

mom said...

What they said- amen!

Don Mann Smith said...

I told Jared to do his home work make a dictation then go to the Lord, but not to ask if was not willing to follow the Lords direction. I am thankful for all of my Children, and there family. Love DMS