Monday, December 21, 2009

Addison's Bench

Adventure Playground is a very Berkeley-type place. Kids really do rule. They build paint and manage the space with little influence from adults. It still seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen, but for now, it is Addison's all-time favorite park. Below are some pics from a couple of weeks ago. He designed the bench and built it from scratch. He did all of the hammering, and all I added was a little muscle so that the sawing didn't take all afternoon. Ellie helped out with paint. He was very proud of it, and I was very proud of him.

3 comments:

Becca said...

That is so great!!

I read a big study that they did on playgrounds and parks, and those are BY FAR the best kind. They're all over in Europe (started in Scandinavia) but have been slow to take off here because of the fear of law suits. I'm so glad your kids can take advantage of them--good job, Addison!!! :D

Grandma Denise said...

Addison, that bench is SO AWESOME! I am happy that you knew how to do that, and that you could work with your family to get it done! I am proud of you!

Don Mann Smith said...

some one of you need to teach this old garhead how to a his won posting to this blog. Or are you all testing my reading skill, or perhapes seeing if i can follow direction I would bu just Like ta to do that ..... but be were I will not quit, rest or thought out the computer uuntell i:) figer it out. Love dad