Saturday, November 28, 2009

Right Now in North Carolina...

So, for those of you who might be interested, here's what we're into these days:



This Chex mix is tasty.

Emily... Is currently singing "5 Little Monkeys" and skipping around. Probably because she just launched herself off the couch and wacked her head. I didn't have much sympathy, though. She made the best chex mix in the world all by herself. Here is the recipe:


  • Take a box of Chex. Any kind. Dump most of it in a bowl.
  • Melt one bag of butterscotch chips and one bag of peanut butter chips in the microwave.
  • Dump over chex and mix in until all is covered.
  • Pour in 1 cup peanuts and 1 cup chocolate chips. Mix.
  • Dump into cookie sheet with waxed paper on it, then spread it out to cool.
  • break into pieces and hide it so you can eat it all yourself.
  • yum.


Caleb is showing me his porcupine.


Caleb... Has a cough that sounds like a dragon hocking up a fireball. (Is hocking really a word??) He told me today that he could eat 40 hot dogs. I believe him. His favorite thing about Thanksgiving was playing football outside. Oh, and his sleeping through dinner. Oh wait, that was my favorite part.

Ainsley is eating a pickle in this picture.

Ainsley...Loves her dad. More than me. I'm okay with this. She really loves bananas, pickles, cranberry sauce, and soy milk. She does not like the word "NO." She's turned into a howling screecher with a temper. Goody. This bodes well for the next 18 years.

I... am into Modern Family (Adam. Seriously--have you seen it??? You must.) And my blogs. And our Christmas tree. I am not into my calling.

Dave... is trying to talk me out of spending money. Seven years now. Still no luck. He went on a bike ride this morning, and this afternoon he's going to watch the BYU football game, so I assume it's a good day?

No comments: