Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's just a Threat


It's just a Threat

It is 7:12 Addison is finishing his homework, Adam is pushing back the frontiers of science, Lafe is consuming his daily allotment of milk, and Ellie is in the bath. Just when I think all is settled, I heard the water come back on. I politely yelled to turn the water off and Ellie Obliged, then thity seconds later, I heard the water turn back on. This time I feel I need to follow my polite yell up with "If you turn the water back on, you won't get a nighttime snack."

Ellie almost polietly yells that she needs more water. Luckily Addison is able to pull himself away from his homework to mediate. "Ellie don't worry. That was just a threat. Mom isn't going to do anything."

"Really," Ellie Replies with a lift in her voice."

"Yeah, says the expert Addison, "People say stuff all the time, but they won't really do it. Don't Worry."

Now I am the one who has to worry!

2 comments:

Becca said...

HA! Ha ha ha! That reminds me of another dad-ism: That's not a threat, it's a promise.

Denise said...

Ah Les! Addison just insists in confirming the part of his genetic inheritance that came from his father! My mirth at his dismantling the bookcase was tempered however when I found out today that it is not fixable. I am sorry about that- they held one heck of a lot of books. Maybe back to the old college dorm standby of boards on bricks, eh? I love you- hang in there!