Sunday, October 24, 2010

October

October for me means a couple of things.

  • Conference
  • Trying to rescue my lawn
  • Birthdays
  • oh yeah, and Halloween

 

A little about Caleb and Becca’s birthdays. For Caleb we had an Airplane party at the house with some kids from church.  About the most creative we got was cutting “wings” out of cardboard and taping them to their arms so they could be airplanes. I found a Blue Angels video taken from the cockpit (didn’t know they had room for “passengers” up there) so all the kids could watch and pretend to take off, then they ran through “rain” (streamers) and “clouds” (white balloons) and then crash landed in pillows. It was interesting to see that the one or two kids who are really Caleb’s friends were the ones still watching the blue angels video with their wings on after all the other kids had gotten bored with flying and went outside to play. Birds of a feather stick together I guess.

 

IMG_0110

 

IMG_0126

Yes that is a Thomas the Train hat – Caleb’s choice.  Who really needs total fealty to the theme?

In the end the kids had the most fun playing with the toys that they brought Caleb as presents. We’ll just start with that next time and see if we can make it last two hours.

 

Becca posted a few pictures from her birthday celebration, which was our trip to the mountains to see the leaves.  I thought I’d post a few more pictures:

IMG_0187 IMG_0179

IMG_0196 IMG_0197

 

IMG_0262 

It was definitely not an “Eat to Live” approved day.  (This picnic spot for dinner was my favorite thing we did all day.)

  IMG_0281 IMG_0284

IMG_0289 IMG_0292

The food conversion value of the “Eat to Evil” diet we consumed yesterday was about 8 tantrums/meltdowns (today) per marshmallow – although it varies child to child.

Ainsley kept wandering away during dinner over to the parking lot.  Not sure why but it was rather amusing.

IMG_0288

 

 

So Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife! I was blessed to marry the Birthday Queen.

IMG_0188

 

Sorry for picture overload, but it’s better than me writing a 1000 words for each one.

-dave

3 comments:

Mom said...

No apologies, Dave- if there's anything I love more than a post with-out pictures (and believe me, I do love them!) it is a post WITH pictures- looks like you had a wonderful day- I'm glad that it got to happen. Thanks again!

lesli said...

Berkeley is the perfect place except for the lack of fall. Thanks for the pics!

Jen Nielsen said...

What amazing pictures! I love the colors and your beautiful family.