Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's a Birthday Party...of sorts-

Does a birthday post for 3 people make it a birthday party? Here's hoping so, and here goes!First of all, William Lafe! Happy first birthday, little guy. I SO remember laying awake in the night waiting for a phone call that he was here and all was well. He gave his mama a run for the money- and I was so happy for the call that finally came. We got to spend some time with Lafe this summer and he is such a fun little guy to get to know (if you doubt this last just watch the patty cake video on You Tube- it'll have you smiling.) In the meantime- he's a man of few words- "hut!?!" We love you, Lafe, and are so happy to have you as a part of our family!
Can it really be two years since this little miss came on the scene so spectacularly? Happy Birthday to Miss Ainsley Rebecca... it seems she's kept her mom and dad going since making her appearance on the family couch. ("I Bite!" she announces now with just a hint of mischief ) I remember this little one peering at me through the clear acrylic side-wall of her little hospital bed. She looked so small in such a big and complicated place- yet so large compared to some of the others that were also there. Breathe, Ainsley, breathe- such a little thing to have such importance... But now look- like the little energizer bunny she goes, goes, goes- and aren't we glad! Happy Birthday, Ainsley-pie- we love you!And now for the Big Guy- Happy Birthday, Bry! Bryan, David, Adam- the year 1977 was a great one for the Smith family. I remember the summer evening that he drove up to our house in his spiffy looking big black dodge truck- he had come to take me for a ride and an ice cream cone- it was a good time and is a happy memory for me. Bry taught me how to fold jeans correctly (thanks, Bry), and used to keep himself busy in the yard when they lived on Appleblossom Drive so I could rock Gracie (just months old) and put her to bed on the evenings Jen was at work- I was so thankful for the chance. Bry is a solid guy all of his girls can count on, and I love him for that. Happy Birthday, Bryan- I hope this year is a great one for you!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I'm kind of digging the "birthday party" kind of post. Lots of pictures. Lots of cake. Perfect!