Saturday, October 23, 2010

More Birthdays!

Hooray for Caleb, the birthday boy of the week! I had to smile at this picture... such a cute little guy, and he still looks very much the same. Caleb, you were another long-distance baby, meaning Grandma Denise watched the clock and waited anxiously for the phone to ring on the day you were born- It never matters how far away a new baby is- everyone is always excited and happy when they are born. Grandpa Don and I came to see you for the first time when you were just a few weeks old- we spent Thanksgiving together and even went and bought a Christmas tree for your family. I will always remember sitting on the floor by your fireplace and holding you- you stole my heart right away. I am glad you are growing big and strong- such a big boy and a good brother. We love you, Caleb- Happy Birthday!
Then on to the Birthday Queen! Happy Birthday, Rebecca!!! How you have always loved your birthday - you and I have laughed over your being restricted in sharing your birthday party plans and lists with us until your birthday was within 30 days- when you were small you would start in July- it was always alot of fun- besides you could divert your mind so easily to other things, like being the neighborhood librarian, or the producer/director of our family home evening play (I have that on video-). The world outside on the day you were born is as clear in my mind as a photograph- I remember waking Jenny and Adam, dad getting them dressed and then us dropping them off at a friend's house for the day as we headed up the hill to the hospital. It was a gorgeous day that I am so thankful for, and am also so thankful for you. Enjoy the day- assume your throne and let the celebration begin! I love you! Mom

No comments: