Saturday, August 21, 2010

Skydiving

Well I was successful in trying to skydive today, after a rain out last week.  It was really cool – hard to explain.  My favorite moment was when I first fell out of the plane and we went upside down for a few seconds. Staring straight at the clouds, accelerating quickly, falling down.  It all happened so fast – at least the free fall part. And by fast I mean I was moving 120 mph.  Going up it was kind of surreal. Realizing I wouldn’t be coming back down in the plane.  Becca and the kids were great. They cheered for me when I got back.  Multiple people commented to me on how cute Caleb was the whole time I was gone. “My daddy do SKYDIVING!!!!”  Ainsley: “daddy chute”

 

IMG_7322

Launch

IMG_7327

IMG_7327_face0

IMG_7331_face0 IMG_7335

sweet face shot

IMG_7340_face0

IMG_7353

IMG_7361 IMG_7365IMG_7371

The video is pretty cool. They said they’d send me an online version in a week or two.

3 comments:

Adam S. said...

That is amazing!

Mom said...

Wow, Dave... it's more than amazing in my book. It's like... well, something I couldn't, wouldn't, even consider... (it's far too embarrassing to wet your pants as you hurl into a barf bag... and the plane hasn't left the ground yet.) I'm happy you could, and that you did, and that you're back on the ground safe and sound... no eternal PPI for you today! Happy birthday once again-

dave said...

LOL