Sunday, August 22, 2010

Brattonsville...

So the big news this weekend was Dave jumping out of a plane, but we also took the chance, while we were down near Chester, South Carolina to see Brattonsville--just another one of those Revolutionary/Civil War places we'd been meaning to go to for years and just...hadn't. (For those of you familiar with the movie "The Patriot", this is the home and battlefield where significant portions were filmed, I guess.)

Here are some of my favorite pictures from that part of the day...

Our whole family and a pig sty.
(This would make a very appropriate Christmas card picture.)

There's something about getting a picture of all three kids together,
especially when they don't know you're watching them.


Ainsley is cute.

I think Dave has a fan.

This one was when Ainsley just plunked herself down on the ground and waited for one of us to come back and pick her up. She seems to be reconsidering her decision to learn to walk in the first place... but then deciding that it might be worth it for the shoes.




And who cares about an old apple tree? I do.
I would rather take pictures of this then jump out of an airplane any time. I'm just sayin'.

You can go watch the skydiving video now.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Such a happy and worthwhile way to wait for your turn, and Ainsley knows how to shine, doesn't she? I always think tiny things are cute, and she is especially so- that takes nothing away from her older siblings you understand! They are fun pictures to see- I think I should like to go there myself.... after I have been to the Outer Banks. >wink!<