Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jen!

It's your day today! What fun I had choosing which pictures to post... as always, I had a lot to choose from. (yes, children, your mom has ALWAYS been a picture freak.) So I ask you all, see any resemblance to one of the Nielsen girls in the picture above? I could post a survey if I knew how (I do not-) but if you don't say Gretchen Kate you're up in the night. Yup, she's your girl! This picture was taken when you were 3 weeks old - Dad and I were still floating with happiness... perfect in every way, you were heaven sent and an answer to my every prayer-
As grand as they are, our smiles here are an understatement - we smiled so much through those days that our cheeks hurt. I felt like I was a kid playing house with a brand new doll, and dad came home from work every day for lunch AND breaks- becoming your parents was an incredible experience and completely healed my sorrow filled heart.
Beautiful, intelligent, and deeply caring- I am so happy I got to be your mom. I am proud of you and the kind of person you are - all the world was blessed indeed on the day that you were born- I love you! Mom

2 comments:

Jen Nielsen said...

Awe shucks Ma. That was so nice, thanks. :) I love you and am glad to be your kid... old kid. OXOXOX

Becca said...

Fun post--happy birthday, Jen. That has to be one of my all time favorite pictures of Mom and Dad...