Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ellie!

What a fun day today! I thought about you, Ellie, and about how glad I am you are my grand daughter and how happy I am you are a member of our family. You were born so far away... way back in Boston- but your dad called me to tell me your mama was in the hospital and you would be born soon... so I waited with my phone close and the clock ticked on. I was so very happy when your dad called and said "She's here!" Yay! A new baby girl, YOU, made everyone feel so happy.
Now look how you have grown- 6 years old and going to school. You know how to cook with your new Easy Bake Oven, and you know how to help with Lafe, and I loved the book you made about your baby brother. I loved the pictures, and I loved your writing- good job! You will have such a fun year this year, it is so fun to be 6. We'll see you soon! Grandma Denise

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hooray for Ellie! I remember when you were born, and we were SO excited. You are only two weeks younger than Emily, and your names both start with an "E", so we knew we would love you. Especially when your Dad almost fainted when you were being born. He was THAT HAPPY.
We love 6 year old Ellie!!! :)
Aunt Becca