Monday, June 7, 2010

On the verge... got Advice? Speak now!!!

Not much of a picture, but I wanted to show at least a little of what I have been up to. That is one of my silver fingerprint pendants that I have attached a fresh water pearl charm to. I make the charms myself- in lots of variations, and bless my soul, I have a partner. She loves them, says "I'll provide the money and I'll do the marketing, you make the pendants". She is smart, she has endless connections, and she knows a good thing when she sees it- and she loves the fingerprint pendants. We will have a contract, I am to decide whether I want to be paid a set price for the pendants (like piecework), or share in the business and own a percentage. I like the percentage idea best for the long haul. We will go for a high quality product with an additional twist, (the fingerprint & jeweler quality charms), but we are also going to produce a pendant without the print that will be hand stamped, initials, words, what ever. These will not be what you are seeing now where they are made using a machine produced blank (round, star, heart, you name it...) I will be hand producing our pendants using the precious metals clay to get that old, uneven look, then hand stamping and adding the charms. We are ordering a kiln tomorrow morning. wow, huh? I am excited - I have worked on these for a long time but had come to an impass - needed backing, needed more time and energy to go very big. There you go - she has what I don't, I have what she wants. Let me know your thoughts- Love you all! Mom

2 comments:

Adam S. said...

I think they are great, and a partner can be a huge help--and pain, but I would think mostly helpful. People love my little charms; the only thing you might consider is a bigger version. I notice a lot of mother's necklaces with fairly substantial pendants. Just a thought! Good luck.

dave said...

That's great, good luck!