Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Emily is Six now!

Emily! Happy Birthday to you this week! I'll bet you thought that your birthday surprises were all over 'til next year.... but grandma didn't write about your birthday yet! I wanted to write because I remember the day you were born pretty well, and I'd like to tell you about it. It was such a pretty day for a baby girl to be born, and we were all excited that you were coming. Grandma got to come to the hospital as a helper, so I was there when you were born in the very middle of the night! You opened your eyes so big and looked all around you - I can still see you wrapped up in a snuggy blanket in your mom's arms with your dad right there. They looked so very happy to meet you, and do you know what? They sang the birthday song to you so softly right there while you were still brand new!
Now 6 whole years have passed and you are growing up! I am glad we can talk on the phone, and I can send you letters and marshmallows, and sometimes we can get on a big jet plane to come see each other. I had a lot of fun last spring when grandpa and I came to your house... every time I see kids running through the sprinkler I think of you, Caleb, and Ainsley as we played in the water that day at your house. It was fun to make water rainbows for you to run through. I love you, Emily - I hope you have a wonderful year this year! Grandma Denise

2 comments:

lesli said...

I was showing Ellie some pictures of Ellie and she said--she looks just like me! Later she asked if they were twins. I said almost.

Happy birthday Emily
Love Ellie

lesli said...

subsitutue Emily for that ellie and it might make sense!